We got Addison this trike for Christmas, but between the snow, and her legs being not quite long enough, this was the first chance she has had to try it out! She has been asking to ride her "bicycle" for a while, and since today was pretty nice, we went for a spin when Chris got home! She did really well for the first time out, and I imagine she will be zipping around full-speed in no time at all!
Her check-up last week with the ENT doctor went very well----as I thought it would. He said the tubes are in place and wide open, and she improved on all her hearing tests. Great news! She has not missed a beat since---I am hoping we will be done with all those nasty ear infections now!
She is as chatty as ever---full sentences all the time, and learning just how to use that voice inflection---which, some days, I could do without! haha! I do fear the terrible 2's are already peeking out----lets hope we all make it through! :0) It is hard to believe we are on the downhill slide to 2 already---what a difference a year makes! She continues to amaze me! We are about to potty-train....she has been using it sporadically for some time now, and I think she is ready.....will let you all know how it goes.
We are going to Austin next week to see Tim, Steff & Rush---it should be fun---she has been talking about going to see "Cousin Rush" for weeks now! After that, I hope to be rid of the binky---which she is only using now for nap time and night-time, but I would still like to get rid of it.....any thoughts or suggestions on how to do that are welcome! ;0)
Hope you all are having a great week, and we love you!

5 comments:
Cute pics, Carrie! Colton was a binky kid, too. When we decided it was time to say goodbye, I found some advice on a parenting website that said to start snipping off the ends of the nipple a little at a time and pretty soon they will have to hold it in with their teeth and they will just finally give up and say it isn't worth it. We really didn't think this would work, but decided to try it and it did!! Three days into it, the nipple was half gone and he just tossed it to the side and was done with it. May not work for everyone and I know there are a lot more suggestions, but that is just one that worked really well for us. Good luck!!
Tam
My sister-in-law had my niece give hers to the Easter bunny in exchange for a present. I'm not sure if she was older than Addison to be able to understand it, but it worked. She rounded them all up, left them in her Easter basket and the next day was happy with the candy and presents.
PS Love the new layout, it's pretty, but I couldn't read the white font. I had to highlight it to read it. I maybe the only one though.
And I deleted this post once cause of my poor spelling skills. :)
May be... not maybe. I should not post until I have finished my coffee...sorry.
Post a Comment