Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Just a few random pics from the past few weeks! Addison is changing so much now! She is beginning to walk---she will take a few steps here and there and the other night, she walked across the living room. She is pretty funny about it though, the second one of us holds our hand out to help her, she immediately sits down! Guess she wants to do it all on her own!
She is still chattering away all the time---I would guess she is up to about 70 words now, often putting two things together and occasionally putting 3 words together---as in the case of, "go lay down"---which is what I am constantly telling Simon during Addison's meal time, and she now repeats to Simon throughout the day. She also knows many of our friends and family by name---I would say she knows 15-20 people by name and uses them appropriately.
She still loves going to visit all the pigs, and spends the whole time telling anyone who will listen about the "piggies" and the "oink-oinks". She also loves to get a hold of a pig bat---and generally aims for the pigs, but of course, some of us occasionally get in her way! :0)
She is also using her fork fairly well---the other night, she actually was "stabbing" her food onto the fork and getting it right in her mouth. She also seems to be starting to learn her shapes---the other night while playing with her shape sorter, she kept telling me "circle, circle" so I told her to get her circle out, and she reached into the jar holding all the shapes, found the circle and gave it to me!!
She amazes me everyday with something new.
She is also cutting 2 of her top molars, which I am sure you can all imagine, is no fun for either of us. Overall, she is doing well with it, but I can just imagine how it hurts at times.
State Fair fast approaches, as does our family reunion in Roswell, so expect many more pictures to come!! :0)

Can you say "attitude??????" I wonder where that comes from????


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! I can't believe how big our niece is getting... she is so adorable! 70 word vocabulary, very impression Miss Addison. Give her a big kiss for me.
Love, Aunt Steff

Heather said...

Oh my goodness...she's so smart!